The University of Melbourne logo is a formally registered trademark and must be used correctly.
The preferred logo is the Primary A Vertical Housed logo. This should be used wherever possible.
Tips for using the Primary A Vertical Housed logo
- The logo only ever appears in its full UoM Blue housed box.
- The logo is a formally registered trademark and must be used correctly.
- Never separate elements of the logo - the crest should always be used in combination with the words 'The University of Melbourne'.
- Always follow the minimum size and clear space guidelines.
- If the entire background, or a large section of your document is UoM Blue, you may place the Primary Vertical Housed logo on top of the blue background.
- Ensure you use the correct brand colour when reproducing the logo.
A range of alternative versions of the University of Melbourne logo are available for special use upon request where the Vertical Housed logo would not be suitable. These exist to suit specific purposes, rather than offering choices based on individual users’ preferences. Contact us for further information.
Guidelines outline how to correctly use the Primary Vertical Housed Logo including:
- Clear space
- Minimum size
- Correct brand colour
- Logo placement
- What not to do
External parties and students wishing to use the University of Melbourne logo must request permission from the University Brand team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.