Templates and downloads
Find the latest PowerPoint and Word templates, assets for electronic mail, branded stationery and email signature templates.
Our branded templates can be adapted to suit your basic corporate and marketing and communications needs. If you have a more complex design problem, the External Relations in-house Design, Print and Merchandise team offers a no-cost graphic design service for all University of Melbourne branded marketing and communications material.
Please note, the External Relations Design, Print and Merchandise team undertake work in alignment with the University’s Brand Architecture – utilising the approved design system, including logo guidelines, to develop projects that meet both client and brand requirements. The team does not undertake work for organisations not affiliated with the University of Melbourne and service cannot be offered to sponsors or partners as part of any contra arrangements. For entities that manage their own non-University brand, please contact the Brand team to discuss your requirements and alternative solutions.
MS Office templates
Two newly updated PowerPoint presentations are now available.
The new templates have been updated to include 53 new slide layouts and an easier way to update and change images.
If you have used previous versions of the PowerPoint templates, don't worry, you can still use them and transition to these new templates when you're ready.
To create your presentation:
- Select the “Home” tab on your menu ribbon
- Click on the “New Slide” arrow
- Choose the type of slide you want
To determine which size presentation to use, consider where and on what equipment your presentation will be shown, your purpose for creating a presentation and which size is better suited to your content. 4:3 suits older monitors and 16:9 is better suited to smartphones, tablets and new widescreen monitors.
PowerPoint presentations with copyright notice
Two PowerPoint templates have the University's required copyright notice included in the slides. If you wish to make copyright material available to students for teaching purposes, please ensure you have read and are compliant with the University's copyright obligations.
The presentation template is also available in a basic version for LibreOffice users.
Download the file > Right click > Extract all.
PowerPoint template instructional video
PhD poster templates
Name tags and place cards
These name tags and place cards have been designed to fit most the commonly used sizes. Feel free to edit the sizes and specs to suit your own needs.
- Sticker Name Tags: 2 x 7 stickers (14 per page) on A4 sheet (suits Avery Laser L7163)
- Small Place Card templates: 90 x 55cm (4 x place cards on A4 sheet) (suits Rexel Name Plates Small BADG0080)
- Place Card templates: 210 x 55cm (2 x place cards on A4 sheet) (suits Rexel Name Plates Large BADG0090)
- Name Tag templates: 90 x 55cm (2 x 5 on an A4 sheet) (suits Rexel Name Badge Cards BADG0052)
Download the Mail Merge Guidelines for help on using the name card and place card templates.
Email marketing templates
Assets for electronic mail outs and digital newsletters
A range of new assets is provided below to help you create email marketing campaigns, EDMs (Electronic Direct Mail) and digital newsletters. You can also refer to the style guide for best-practice email communications available on the Staff Hub (staff access only) for help putting your email communications together.
The assets will work in:
- Click Dimensions
- Mail Chimp
- Campaign Monitor
Tips for using digital assets:
- Use 7-Zip to extract the files - right click on zipped file, choose "7-Zip" then choose "Extract Files"
- If you have trouble downloading the files for PC please contact us
- Base JPEGS are sized to 600 (w) x 150 (h) and 600 (w) x 300 (h) and can be used as a base to create headers
- Create headers in InDesign and then export as JPEGs
- PDF mock-ups show the different headers and how you can use them with text
- Please refer to the logo guidelines before using logos
- Use the style guide for best-practice email communications available on the Staff Hub (staff access only).
For more information and assistance on accessing the University's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) resources, contact the CRM team (staff access only).
These templates are available on Staff Hub (staff access only).
A range of University-branded stationery is available to order including letterhead, business cards and With Compliments slips.
Email signature templates
Guidelines for using branded email signatures are available via the Staff Hub.
A range of icons, including social media icons, is available for download on the Icons, Illustrations and Imagery page to use in your collateral.
University of Melbourne video templates are available on the Digital page of the Brand Hub.
University Publishing Templates Online (UPTO)
The Design team can work with you to gain access to the UPTO system which houses a range of professionally designed templates using the new brand design system.
UPTO allows marketing and communications areas of the University to create artwork to support their marketing and communications activities - for example event-support collateral, name tags, posters or flyers that do not have multiple pages or complex folds/layouts.