You are being asked to provide digital consent to the University of Melbourne for the use, reproduction and adaptation of photographs and audio-visual recordings of your image and voice, and/or responses to this questionnaire.
Please refer to the terms and conditions listed at the bottom of this page before filling in the form.
Terms and Conditions
- “Intellectual Property Rights” means all rights resulting from intellectual activity whether capable of protection by statute, common law or in equity and including but not limited to copyright, registered and unregistered trade marks, designs, patents, domain names, trade names or business names.
- “Personal Information” means your written information or opinions, and your image and voice, provided in response to this Profile Questionnaire.
- “Profile Questionnaire” means the questionnaire completed by you and attached to these terms.
- “Purposes” means for the purposes of public relations, promotion, advertising, and media activities in order to promote the programs and activities of University, including via printed matter, on the University website and its sub-sites, and Social Media Websites.
- “Recipients” means the world at large.
- “Social Media Website” includes any website operated by a third party which facilitates the uploading and sharing of user generated content.
2.1 Consent regarding the collection, storage and handling (including publication and disclosure) of your Personal Information
You acknowledge and agree that:
- The University may collect, store and handle (including disclose and publicise) Personal Information about you for the Purposes, and as contemplated by clause 2.2.
- The University may disclose the following Personal Information about you to the Recipients for the Purposes:
- Country of citizenship;
- Your responses to questions 2 to 20 of the Questionnaire; and
- Your image and voice.
- Your personal contact details (apart from your name) will never be published.
- The publication of your Personal Information referred to in (b) above on the internet and on Social Media Websites constitutes a publication to the world at large, will create a permanent and publicly available record and may lead to a third party copying or reproducing Your Personal Information without Your or the University’s consent.
- The University will cease to have control over the subsequent use and disclosure of the Personal Information referred to in (b) once it is published on the internet.
- You are not entitled to any remuneration, royalties or any other payment from the University in respect of the use of your Personal Information.
2.2 Consent regarding your Intellectual Property Rights
You acknowledge and agree that:
- The University may:
- make an audio or video recording of your image or voice; or
- take a photograph of you; or
- make any digital record of your image or voice relating to any other material which you expressly or impliedly provide to the University, including Your profile (Recordings).
- The University may use your name or any other personal reference in relation to the Recordings.
- The University may make a transcript of the Recordings (Transcript).
- The University may in its discretion use, copy, publish, make available, distribute, transmit, perform, display, edit or modify (Utilise) the Recording and the Transcript for the Purposes (Permitted Purposes).
- If the Recordings or Transcript are edited or modified by the University, the University must ensure that the editing or modification:
- does not injure your reputation or good standing;
- is not derogatory or prejudicial to you; and
- does not infringe your moral rights.
- If you are giving a performance, presentation, production, appearance, talk, speech, lecture, interview, discussion, demonstration or debate (Performance) in the Recording and that Performance incorporates any Intellectual Property Rights, you grant the University a licence for those Intellectual Property Rights to be incorporated into the Recording or Transcript, and for the Recording or Transcript to be Utilised as permitted by these terms; and
- You are not entitled to any royalties, fees or other compensation in return for any Utilisation of the Recording or Transcript permitted by these terms.
- The University has existing arrangements with third parties for the distribution of content such as the Recordings, including with Apple Pty Ltd (Apple) for the distribution of content via iTunes and iTunes U, and with Coursera Inc (Coursera) for the distribution of content via coursera.org. You agree that third parties, such as Apple and Coursera, may Utilise the Recordings for the Purposes. The University may enter into other agreements with third parties for the distribution of content such as Recordings with your written permission in all cases. You agree that other third parties may Utilise the Recordings for the Permitted Purposes.
- You warrant that:
- You have all the rights necessary to:
- communicate the Performance to the public; and
- permit the Recording and Transcript to be made of that Performance and Utilised in accordance with this Deed;
- no third party’s Intellectual Property Rights will be infringed by any Utilisation of the Recording or Transcript permitted by this Deed;
- Your Performance will not contain any material that is untrue, defamatory of any person, misleading or deceptive nor will it constitute an invasion of privacy or amount to the violation of any right of publicity or other rights of any third party; and
- by giving the Performance You will not breach any obligation of confidentiality owed to any third party.
- The information on this form is being collected by the University.
- Contact the University’s Privacy Officer.
- The information is being collected for the purposes described above.
- You are entitled to access all personal information held by the University under freedom of information laws as explained on the Privacy Officer’s website.
- The information will be used by authorised staff for the purpose for which it was collected and will be protected against unauthorised access and use.
- Information may also be passed on to third parties as contemplated by this Release.